Links
Archives
- June 2003
- July 2003
- August 2003
- September 2003
- October 2003
- November 2003
- December 2003
- January 2004
- February 2004
- March 2004
- April 2004
- May 2004
- June 2004
- July 2004
- August 2004
- September 2004
- October 2004
- November 2004
- December 2004
- January 2005
- February 2005
- March 2005
- April 2005
- May 2005
- June 2005
- July 2005
- August 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- November 2005
- December 2005
- January 2006
- February 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- May 2006
- June 2006
- July 2006
- September 2009
- October 2009
- November 2009
- December 2009
- January 2010
- February 2010
- March 2010
- April 2010
- May 2010
- June 2010
- July 2010
- August 2010
- September 2010
- October 2010
- November 2010
- December 2010
- January 2011
- February 2011
- March 2011
- April 2011
- May 2011
- October 2011
- December 2012
Recommended Reading
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
I have an ethical dilemma for you:
I've been invited to a stag party this coming Saturday, for one of the fellows that owns the sports nutrition store I mentioned last Sunday.
The 26 year-old fellow who's getting married is quite religious and a self-proclaimed virgin. I actually don't know him that well, so I was quite surprised when his brother telephoned me to invite me to attend.
My first thought was "What the hell is a religious virgin doing having a stag party??"
Then I thought "Why the heck is he calling me? He must be pretty hard up for people to come...well if that's the case, maybe I should go just so there's at least one person who cares that this guy is getting married, not that I really care"
And lastly I have to admit that I was curious to know exactly what a stag party for a virginal Christian would consist of.
So I reservedly said okay.
His brother said "Great, this is what we'll be doing...."
I was all ears now! Here comes the good stuff! Was he going to go all out on hookers and liquor? Rent a hotel room in downtown Vancouver and bring in fifteen exotic dancers to inflame our lust?
"First," he said, "we're going to go bowling..."
Bowling? WTF???
"Then we'll have dinner..."
Uh-oh...
"...and then go back to my place to play poker"
Riiiiggghhht...
The next day, a group of friends from the gym decided that we should all go into downtown Vancouver on Saturday, for a night of dancing and general carousing. Suffice to say that I think it beats Bowling for Strangers out for personal interest.
So...stag or Vancouver?
.
0 comments
I've been invited to a stag party this coming Saturday, for one of the fellows that owns the sports nutrition store I mentioned last Sunday.
The 26 year-old fellow who's getting married is quite religious and a self-proclaimed virgin. I actually don't know him that well, so I was quite surprised when his brother telephoned me to invite me to attend.
My first thought was "What the hell is a religious virgin doing having a stag party??"
Then I thought "Why the heck is he calling me? He must be pretty hard up for people to come...well if that's the case, maybe I should go just so there's at least one person who cares that this guy is getting married, not that I really care"
And lastly I have to admit that I was curious to know exactly what a stag party for a virginal Christian would consist of.
So I reservedly said okay.
His brother said "Great, this is what we'll be doing...."
I was all ears now! Here comes the good stuff! Was he going to go all out on hookers and liquor? Rent a hotel room in downtown Vancouver and bring in fifteen exotic dancers to inflame our lust?
"First," he said, "we're going to go bowling..."
Bowling? WTF???
"Then we'll have dinner..."
Uh-oh...
"...and then go back to my place to play poker"
Riiiiggghhht...
The next day, a group of friends from the gym decided that we should all go into downtown Vancouver on Saturday, for a night of dancing and general carousing. Suffice to say that I think it beats Bowling for Strangers out for personal interest.
So...stag or Vancouver?
.
